Be part of a team involved in R&D on new products and improving the existing product range. Please send your current CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 31st July 2017
Job Specification: Technical Engineer
Brookvent is a dynamic and ambitious Northern Ireland manufacturing company, specialising in window ventilation and mechanical ventilation products designed for the residential construction sector in the UK and Ireland, as well as export markets in Mainland Europe. It is an exciting time within the company as it continues invest heavily in R&D to develop its product range to suit the needs of new market opportunities.
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will provide technical support for our ventilation products in our existing domestic market and new export markets.
You will assist in identifying relevant standards and legislation relating to the company’s products and ensure their compliance in all markets where they are being sold. You will set up or source testing to ensure compliance and recommend / identify any development required. You will assist in the development of any product to ensure it meets the needs of our customers and complies with relevant legislation. You will be experienced in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Solid Works and be experienced in manufacturing techniques. Previous experience in a specification product would be desirable.
You will also be responsible for the setup and maintenance of quality procedures for new products along with identifying and implementing improvements to our existing quality inspection systems.
- Provide technical support on all areas of domestic ventilation.
- Support the Sales team and other departments on technical aspects of the products.
- Visit site when required to identify and solve technical issues.
- Setup or improve quality inspection procedures for new and existing products.
- Create reports and resolve quality issues with our suppliers as they arise.
- Assist with the design and development of new products from concept to production sign off.
- Assist with the validation of new products by sourcing prototypes and testing.
- Work with new and existing suppliers to achieve accurate cost and lead-times
- Manage the work-in-progress and current BOM’s
- Coordinate with production team to ensure smooth transition into production.
- Work within tight timescales to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Assist with the VA/VE programme to reduce production costs.
- Preferably somebody with a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Qualification (or equivalent subject).
- Excellent team working and communication skills both written and oral.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- High level understanding of design-for-manufacture of injection moulded parts
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to adapt to using new software e.g. Sage.
- Good understanding of electrical components, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Experience of achieving deliverables in a professional environment
- Fully conversant with MS Office applications.
- Experience with using AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Starting salary will be circa £25k and dependant on experience.
- 30 days annual leave including stats (pro-rata).
- Pension match up to 3% of salary.
- 37.5hrs per week. 8.30-5 Mon to Thur, 8.30 – 2.30 Fri.
- Based in Dunmurry, Lisburn.
Brookvent is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all eligible candidates.