Excellent opportunity with award winning manufacturer for a Quality Manager, based just outside Belfast. Please send your current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July 2017.
Brookvent is a dynamic and ambitious Northern Ireland manufacturing company, specialising in window ventilation and mechanical ventilation products designed for the residential construction sector in the UK and Ireland, as well as export markets in mainland Europe. It is an exciting time within the company as it continues to invest heavily in its product range to suit the needs of new market opportunities.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will provide quality management support to our manufacturing functions and on-site installation teams. You will also be responsible for the setup and maintenance of quality procedures for new products along with identifying and implementing improvements to our existing quality inspection systems. Previous experience in a specification product would be desirable.
Understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes in a specification lead manufacturing process. Devising and reviewing specifications for products or processes. Setting requirements for raw material from suppliers and monitoring their compliance, ensuring that our products and services meet all necessary specification.
Oversee the inspection of final product to make sure it has been built with compliance to legal standards and meets customer expectations. You must fully understand the requirements for the product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers. Support the Sales team and other departments on the quality aspects of the products. Setup or improve quality inspection procedures for new and existing products.
Create reports and resolve quality issues with our suppliers as they arise. Maintain our Integrated 9001 & 14001 management System. Occasional travel to suppliers and other Brookvent sites.
- Understand our customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Set requirements for raw material or factored products for suppliers, monitoring their compliance and resolving any issues regarding non-conforming product
- Devise and review specifications for products or processes within manufacturing and resolving production quality and process issues
- Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Assist with product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements/technical drawings, providing guidance on acceptable quality standards
- Maintain accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis when necessary
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements have been met
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
- Submit detailed reports to management team
- Seek opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures
- Previous experience in maintaining an ISO quality and environmental system
- Conscientious and responsible
- A keen eye for detail with a results driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good understanding of electrical components, wiring diagrams, etc
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- BSc/ Ba in business administration or relevant field
- Starting salary will be circa £30k and dependant on experience
- 30 days annual leave including stats (pro-rata)
- Pension match up to 3% of salary
- 37.5hrs per week. 8.30-5 Mon to Thurs, 8.30 – 2.30 Fri
- Based in Dunmurry, Lisburn
Brookvent is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all eligible candidates.