Installation is still one of the biggest ongoing areas for improvement in the industry and poor installation often leads to poor performance and inefficiency of domestic ventilation systems. As the only BPEC Centre of Excellence in Northern Ireland, Brookvent offers installers the opportunity to learn new skills whilst gaining an industry qualification recognised by all the Competent Persons Schemes within the industry including HVCA and NICEIC.
Learning aims and outcomes
Brookvent’s BPEC course is designed to meet the requirements in the Domestic Ventilation Compliance Guide 2010 for the installation, inspection, testing, commissioning and provision of information for Fixed Domestic Systems for both new and existing residential buildings.
Throughout the course you will learn how to:
- Competently install Domestic Ventilation Systems
- Inspect and test types of Domestic Ventilation Systems commonly installed in the UK
- Commission and provide information for common types of Domestic Ventilation Systems in the UK
Who should attend the BPEC course?
The course is targeted at candidates with the following background:
- Candidates with a number of years’ experience in plumbing, heating or electrical engineering
- Candidates who hold a formal qualification at NVQ Level 3 in plumbing, heating or electrical engineering
- Candidates who are currently undertaking a course in plumbing, heating or electrical engineering, which will lead to a formal qualification such as NVQ Level 3 in plumbing, heating or electrical engineering
Where does it take place?
The course takes place at Brookvent’s Head Office: Brook House, Dunmurry Industrial Estate, Dunmurry, Belfast BT17 9HU. Lunch is provided on both days.
How is it assessed and accredited?
The training and assessment of the course runs over two days and includes both theoretical training and practical exercises. At the end of the course there is a multiple choice that all candidates need to pass and a practical assessment on MVHR set-up and commissioning in our purpose built facility.
The course is accredited by independent training company BPEC, an industry recognised training and certification provider which already provides ACS, OFTEC, ECS and other renewable certification.Register for our next BPEC course